Online meetings are part of our daily lives, and making sure they run smoothly and productively can be a challenge. Here are some tips to help you plan a successful online meeting.
But before we get to that, let's review some aspects that have to do with technology
- Remember that testing the technology to be used before the meeting is essential to ensure that everything works properly and that no technical difficulties arise during the meeting.
- Set a reminder for all attendees to remember to attend the meeting.
- Make the session more interactive by using tools designed for this purpose. For example, an online voting platform can speed up and streamline the decision-making process.
The meeting itself
- Take the time to plan and organize everything before the meeting.
- Start at the scheduled time, even if there are participants who are not yet present, in order to respect the scheduled time and prevent the meeting from running over.
- Encourage the participation of the attendees with some questions that stimulate dialogue among them.
- Uses visual resources that facilitate the understanding of complex topics.
- Remember that you cannot control everything, so be flexible to unexpected situations that may arise during the meeting.
At the end of the meeting
- Send an e-mail or report to all attendees summarizing the key points and decisions agreed upon during the meeting.
- Take note of attendee feedback to improve future meetings Did you know that you can also use an online voting platform for this?
In short, while managing an online meeting may seem complicated, with the right tools and approaches you can ensure its success. Learn more about how to encourage participation and streamline decision making at Kuorum.org.